Global Vice President of People Operations
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: VB-13054
Global Vice President of People Operations
Reports To: EVP, Corp Strategy, Development, Strategic Finance and PCB
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Global Vice President of People Operations is responsible for successfully leading, developing, and executing the people operations organization and strategy within a publicly held Global company. They will add value to the organization, its employees, and leadership by supporting the overall business plan and strategic objectives of the company while building a global organization to continue to deliver best-in-class people operations. This encompasses diverse human resources practices, including providing HR counsel and problem solving solutions to the executive leadership team, driving talent management, learning and development, recruiting, retention, engagement, data and analytics, organizational development, and employee relations. We are looking for someone who is exceptionally results driven, collaborative, adaptable, and analytical, has curiosity toward understanding the drivers of the Zayo business, its challenges, and continuous improvement, and who can lead and grow a team while being truly excited about our mission.
- Partners with the executive leadership team to analyze, develop, and execute global people operations initiatives, strategies, and company culture.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the executive leadership team by providing counsel relating to the people strategies, processes, and employee relations, provides feedback, recommendations, and high impact solutions to drive high performance.
- Leads and influences using appropriate human capital data for improved decision making that supports financial metrics, objectives, and global business growth across departments and countries.
- Aligns multi-dimensional change management efforts and presents HR strategies and initiatives in a way that provides clarity around integration and business relevance.
- Participates in the design and management of competitive compensation and workforce planning strategies for all levels. Ensures that these programs enhance the company’s ability to attract, retain and motivate a skilled and diverse workforce.
- Prepares, works with other key stakeholders, provides recommendations, and presents materials regarding executive compensation, equity programs, people operation initiatives, diversity, development, engagement, and other strategic objectives to the executive leadership team for Board, Compensation Committee, or Company All Hands meetings
- Champions an enterprise culture of continuous improvement, ensuring the appropriate talent structure, engagement model, performance management and recognition systems are applied to support strategic objectives.
- Leads acquisition and M&A activity from due diligence to successful integration.
- Establishes an HR program that fosters an environment of initiative, creativity and innovation with metrics that align and support the attainment of key business initiatives.
- Works closely with legal and executive leadership to ensure high standards of professional and ethical conduct are maintained throughout the company, and full compliance with laws and legal obligations.
- Oversees administration of corporate benefit plans, including health and financial benefits such as 401K savings.
- Reviews global HR policies and practices, recommends improvements and ensure they are compliant, fair, and reasonable to each region.
- Drives leadership, people, and manager development, while ensuring leaders have the right tools in place to nurture their team.
- Conducts research on varying HR topics to stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
- Human Resources leader with 10-15 years of experience working at both a strategic and executional level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field required; Master’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development preferred. Global HR experience desired.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong and decisive results oriented leadership, ability to influence with confidence in interactions, and has analytical, business and financial acumen.
- Extensive experience working seamlessly globally across multiple countries and cultures with dynamic, complex, highly-matrixed, multi-site/multi state organizations.
- Ability to think strategically company-wide, analyze, and proactively respond to changing business needs and objectives.
- Exposure to partnering with the executive team, interacting with the Compensation Committee of a Board of Directors, and Merger and Acquisition activity experience required.
- Strong understanding of organizational issues, with the ability to lead and influence change from the executives to entry level employees.
- Ability to build a unique narrative around the company, to be communicated to all current and future employees.
- Strong understanding and knowledge on compensation philosophy and benefits packages, regulations, structure, that best suit the company to retain and attract talent.
- Command of HR regulations, federal and state labor and employment laws and requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders.
- Ability and willingness to provide a balance of strategy and execution with hands-on management that is detailed and works alongside of team to get things done.
- Drive strategic initiatives, organizational design and change management. This role will also act as a subject matter expert helping to move the organization forward through programs and initiatives to meet the ongoing growth demands of the business.
- High level of personal integrity, ethics, imitative, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of building a strong team to deliver results to the business.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.