Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: LB-14321
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The GIS Data Specialist role at Zayo Fiber Solutions (ZFS) is responsible for verifying / locating on-net buildings within the Fiber Visualization module; identifying / locating missing construction documentation (As-Builts, Design Prints, etc.), assisting in the upload of various construction documents, and supporting the Network Data Integrity team with various, ad-hoc requests. An effective GIS Data Specialist team member will work closely with the Fiber Engineering / GIS teams and become an expert in supporting Salesforce.com, OSP Insight, & GE Smallword in order to facilitate the development / maintenance of a sound fiber inventory system. In addition, the role will require a solid analytical aptitude, strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, good inter-personal relationship skills, a positive attitude, and a high degree of integrity.
- Verify / update geo-positioning of on-net buildings using GIS-based systems
- Locate As-Builts and/or Design Prints and assist in upload to OSP Insight, GE Smallworld, and/or Salesforce.com
- Assist Fiber Engineering / GIS teams with various, ad-hoc requests
- In pursuit of a graduate degree in: Geography/GIS, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other fields with surveying/mapping exposure is preferred
- Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams and strong interpersonal skills for supporting cross functional teams
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS-based platforms is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work across functional boundaries
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to sit for 40 hours per week with occasional lifting, carrying and twisting
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.