Location: Boulder/Denver,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-13071
Reports To: Senior Project Manager, Corporate Facilities
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Performs administrative, maintenance and as directed for the assigned locations. Works under general supervision, both independently and within a team environment. No supervisory responsibility. The position is structured. Position may handle confidential information requiring discretion. Position has multiple tasks with priorities that may be modified due to the changing environment. Frequent internal contact with employees; frequent external contact with investors, customers and vendors.
- Act as primary contact for all building maintenance, grounds maintenance, repair, and security needs.
- Perform basic electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs as needed
- Monitor and replace consumables throughout the building: water filters, HVAC filters, light bulbs, etc.
- Hang pictures and shelving as well as set–up and move office furniture and equipment.
- Assist in setting-up, taking down, and cleaning before and/or after special events
- Recognize and repair mechanical problems
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors for specialized work
- Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Act as project coordinator for large scale repair and new facility construction projects
- Office alarm management
- Security monitoring and badge management. Security system updates for multiple locations
- Point of contact for office security and maintenance issues
- Cube and furniture management. Coordinate seating assignments, moves, and furniture requests
- Ensure proper use of company facilities, keys, supplies, and equipment
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager on office supply purchases, ie coffee, office & kitchen supplies, etc
- Back-up receptionist as required
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned
- Ad Hoc projects for various departments as necessary
- Adhere to work safety rules and regulations, recognize hazards
- Communicate well with all staff in person as well as by phone and text
- Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize effectiveness
Personal attributes/basic requirements:
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds on occasion
- Moderately skilled in the areas of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC.
- Honest and has the highest integrity
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Organized in tasks
- Able to see projects through to completion
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Flexible schedule with possible evening/weekend work
- Has general understanding and experience with building systems
- Able to get to work consistently and on time
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Able to do hard physical work
- Good communication skills
High school diploma or the equivalent in training and experience. Demonstrated (2-4 years) administrative experience indicating knowledge of office procedures and office equipment. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet inflexible deadlines
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
Periodically requires long periods of continuous sitting, hearing and talking, routine standing and walking, and frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling and walking on uneven surfaces. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of from 1-50+ pounds. Requires somewhat frequent keyboarding work. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.