Ethernet Install Technician
Location: Boulder or Denver,Colorado     Department: Engineering
Job Number: CH-3392
Zayo’s Ethernet install and activation technicians are a skilled team of network professionals who are responsible for the configuration and activation of all customer Ethernet services within Zayo’s MEF compliant, Tier 1 IP/Ethernet network. Responsibilities include support of Zayo’s customers throughout the install, test and turn-up process, and ensuring the network and supporting documentation adheres to Zayo’s strict standards for ongoing customer support. Technicians have strong communication and troubleshooting skills which are critical for assisting customers through activating new services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision, test, and turn up Ethernet services across many different telecommunication devices nationwide for Zayo based on design records/diagrams.
- Responsible for the deployment of new equipment as well as new customer services across the network.
- Maintain processes and procedures documentation relating to the provisioning, test and activation of Zayo Ethernet services
- Ensure the proper documentation and network reliability standards are followed for the ongoing support of these services going forward.
- Document work efforts in OSS system to track circuits through the install process.
- Ensure Zayo is creating the finest network available for the support of our customers and long term company financial success.
- Interact with customers to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Work nights and/or weekends as necessary
- Work well as a part of a team as well as being able to perform as an individual with minimal supervision
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school and two years related experience and/or training specific to IP and Ethernet networking; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great customer service skills
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the trouble ticketing and circuit inventory software
- Knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, Spanning Tree Protocols
- Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel Lucent Operating Systems
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.