Embedded Base Czar Intern
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: INT-0022
The position will report to the Ethernet Sr. Product Manager and will play a key role in the preservation of existing services at Zayo. The Embedded Base Czar is primarily responsible for working closely with sales teams to develop strategies for preserving revenue and getting month to month services back under contract with Zayo. This is a self contained project with periodic deliverables. Our intern will feel empowered, and will make a definitive impact to our financials. This position has been approved by the Ethernet VP only with the understanding that the czar create more value for Ethernet than what we are paying them. The intern will not only be able to give a readout on their findings, but they will see a direct monetary impact to the business and how they created more than they cost.
- Proactive and regular interaction with sales teams to ensure minimal friction in quoting and ordering Zayo solutions
- Ongoing verification of sales data accuracy and completion, and routine interaction with sales, finance, accounting, and operations in order to improve or update data
- Develop custom client proposals using MS PowerPoint or other applications, solution overviews, and effective communication of the Zayo value proposition
- Review and approve Product Management tasks in workflow tools based on confirmation of task completion by operations and other Zayo work groups
- The Product Analyst will develop, refine, and iterate product offerings which the marketplace finds compelling as measured by sales traction. For strategic customer meetings, the Product Analyst may assist in the preparation of meaningful, highly relevant presentation materials.
- Education: Pursuing undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or other degree requiring analytical aptitude- will also consider extremely high performing arts and sciences students.
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to work across functional boundaries
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.