Director, Product Management
Location: Denver,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: VB-14012
Director, Product Management
Denver,CO or West Coast( Seattle, WA, Portland,OR, and LA/Bay Area, CA)
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Director of Product Management will lead a cross functional product team that is charged with ensuring that Zayo has the complete set of services and capabilities required to drive continued expansion our fiber services, network capability, and private dedicated networking product suite. The scope extends from increasing the profitability of existing services to developing new services on behalf of Zayo for our target market. The Director of Product Management will manage both day to day development, offers, and business cases to overseeing the product as a whole and help to develop new ideas based on his/her industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
Ideal candidates possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The ideal candidate seeks the opportunity to spend time in the market to understand customers’ and prospects’ needs and challenges, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. The Director of Product management will communicate at all levels both within the Zayo organization, as well as, orchestrate and deliver the ‘go-to-market’ strategy for the service, focused on product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external product evangelist, working with other departments, sales channels and key customers to maximize adoption of the services and value creation for opportunities managed by your team as they develop.
- Lead the product management team.
- Manage the product line life cycle and ensure product profitability for assigned products
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on Zayo’s Fiber Solution service capabilities, simple design and applications, and competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market and competitive research supported by on-going visits to customers and prospects.
- Develop and oversee business cases to support new services/enhancements including costs and projected revenue for new services and enhancements.
- Develop and implement a ‘go-to-market’ plan for product introductions, working collaboratively with all departments within a region to execute.
- Collaborate with leadership, development and sales channels to identify and customize offerings for specific vertical channels to position and sell the Fiber Solution products. Such as agent partners, VAR’s, resellers, and core verticals (Health Care, Content, Data Center, MDU, K-12).
- Lead internal training sessions to inform sales team of product capabilities, service’s value proposition, target customers and key differentiators that enable the sales team to deliver projected revenue.
- Oversee key initiatives focused on retention, contract lifecycle, and technology refresh for the base of Fiber Solution customers.
- Product Manager: 7-10 years of product management experience, preferably in the fiber telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience and experience managing a product management team is a plus.
- Education: Undergraduate degree with business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Must possess strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to all levels within an organization, including C-level management. Must be able to communicate effectively in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Financial Analysis: Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problem
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of product managers
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.