Developer Operations Engineer
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-14010
Developer Operations Engineer
Reports To: Director, Application Development
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
DevOps will implement tools/systems as well as build and maintain software supporting the Zayo the development team. The DevOps Engineer will spend time automating tasks for efficiencies, evaluating new solutions, and fixing operational gaps. This role also shares in the responsibility to deliver a quality software product to the end user.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time.
- Develop and Improve software development and release processes.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Perform regularly scheduled and emergency deployments to heavily customized in-house and cloud-based systems
- Maintain gitlab server, with several repositories and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Provide weekly release reporting
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current configuration management needs
- Develop & maintain procedures and documentation related to software releases.
- Provide training to developers and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with automated configuration management/code management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Experience developing and supporting continuous integration tools and processes
- Experience administering software and server deployments
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Linux administration experience
- Gitlab, Jenkins, Ant, and JIRA experience a plus
- Salesforce administration or development experience a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
- NP Not Present
- O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
- F Frequent (26% – 74% of time)
|Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.||x|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.||x|
|Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.||x|
|Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.||x|
|Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.||x|
|Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.||x|
|Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.||x|
|Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.||x|
|Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.||x|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.||x|
|Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.||x|
|Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.||x|
|Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexion or rotation of the wrist or spine.||x|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.||x|
|Hearing: Receiving detail information through oral communication.||x|
|Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.||x|
- C Constant (75% – 100% of time)
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.