Location: Vancouver WA or,Toronto, Markham ON     Department: IT
Job Number: LB1246
Toronto/Markham, Canada or Vancouver, WA
Reports To: Director, Network & IT Services
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
- Work in a team environment to develop, implement and support test-driven, high performance, scalable applications and features.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems, understand, analyze and implement new requirements with strong attention to details.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, technical design document creation, internal tools and process improvements and reviews
- Demonstrate understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Architect, design, provide input and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Recommend improvements to software and serve as a key collaborator in departmental initiatives
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
College or University Diploma\Degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum 1 years of IT work experience with strong focus on development
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.0 with C# and Net, MVC, JQuery
- Experience with AngularJS including SPA.
- SQL Server, SSIS and Oracle database querying, stored proceduresand programming experience
- MicrosoftBizTalk Server knowledge – schemas, maps, pipelines, orchestrations
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, Bootstrap and material design
- IIS configuration, troubleshooting & administration (including security issues) hardware implementation (configuring and troubleshooting server issues), networking
- Intermediate knowledge of other modern web application framework (e.g.: Spring, Ruby on Rails, ExpressJS, Django, Laravel/Lumen)
- Experience using and/or configuring Continuous Integration tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, AWS CodePipelineCI or other similar systems
- Solid software development process skills
- Solid Git foundation including pull requests, merge management
- Enthusiasm for test-driven development and Continuous Integration practices
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with subject matter experts outside of your domain as needed, and complete assigned tasks on time
- Ability to test, diagnose and resolve technical issues and investigate software and hardware failures
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a sense of proportion/importance for security centric methodology
- Critical thinking skills and ability to apply good judgment in identifying and resolving moderate to complex problems
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and data concepts.
- Ability to balance projects, tasks and priorities and to remain flexible when priorities or work direction change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with other teams to achieve desired results.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.