Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3409
Zayo is seeking a Design Engineer to Design end to end circuits for the delivery of services to customers, monitor network capacity and ensure network optimization requirements are being met.
- Analyzes service orders to determine appropriate circuit design.
- Designs and prepares detailed circuit layout records for end to end circuit delivery and interfaces with other internal departments to ensure coordination of all elements required for provisioning of service.
- Ensure network management and utilization requirements for all transmission equipment are being met.
- Maintain facility inventory systems to ensure accurate and complete facility assignments.
- Identify and notify Engineering/Planning department of network congestion.
- Provides a variety of assistance and expertise to internal departments.
- Provides technical support and interpretation as requested.
- Assists the Design Manager in the development and revision of internal procedures related to the processing and publication of CLRs
- 3+ years in a telecommunications circuit design role that encompassed all aspects of circuit design from order acceptance to published CLR for all types of circuits.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecommunications equipment configuration.
- Experience with SalesForce and Metasolv database applications.
- In depth knowledge of telecommunications standards and protocols.
- High level understanding of SONET/SDH network configuration and interworking.
- Practical knowledge of Ethernet/IP networks.
- Ability to initiate and comprehend complex designs and arrange detailed information in a logical format.
- Competency in navigating various database applications and MS software applications such as Excel, Visio and Word.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining a precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Self initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a technically changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem solving skills.
- Willingness to drive towards a goal and do what it takes to get a job done, which may include off hours and weekend work.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.