Data Center Technician
Location: Irvine,CA     Department: Operations
Job Number: DR-12422
Purpose of Position:
The Data Center Technician provides an overall focus on positive pro-active end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and our internal case management systems. Monitors all business-critical systems and escalates issues accordingly. Maintaining accurate logs of incoming and outgoing customer equipment and ensuring facility cleanliness.
- This position is for a night shift 6pm-6am and includes working on Holidays that fall into that shift.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Manage ticket queue and resolve/escalate as necessary for efficient and effective resolution.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment. Resolve or escalate to on-call or engineering support staff as necessary.
- Perform computer/server hardware builds, hardware replacement and software support.
- Perform daily inspections and reporting of all critical infrastructure systems (HVAC, Electrical, Fire Alarm, etc.)
- Administration of building security systems and processes, CCTV, sign-in procedures for all data center customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location.
- Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to install and troubleshoot DS1, DS3, Ethernet and dark fiber circuits are a plus.
- Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards.
- Knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
- Cabling experience (Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet) is a plus.
- Responsibility and dependability are a must!
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- High school diploma required.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24X7 coverage rotation.The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures.
(May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require)
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.