Data Center Technician TX
Location: Dallas,TX     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-13002
The Data Center Technician is responsible for the oversight and maintenance of assigned zColo facilities, including physical access, troubleshooting and network configuration.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Manage ticket queue and resolve/escalate as necessary for efficient and effective resolution.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Resolve or escalate to on-call or engineering support staff as necessary.
- Perform computer/server hardware builds, hardware replacement and software support.
- Perform daily inspections and reporting of all critical infrastructure systems (HVAC, Electrical, Fire Alarm, etc.)
- Administration of building security systems and processes, CCTV, sign-in procedures for all data center customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location.
- Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent certifications and experience required.
- Must possess strong customer service attitude, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation.
- One (1) years-related work experience in a data center environment preferred.
- Experience working with customers to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and procedures.
- Experience with data communications and telephony.
- Experience running networking crosses-connects.
- Familiarity with EIA/TIA 568A and B pin-outs.
- Good documentation skills required.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office software.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to support 24 / 7 operations.
- Entry to Middle level
Years of experience:
- 0-3 years
Certifications – are a plus:
- CompTIA – A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+
- Cisco – CCENT
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24X7 coverage rotation.The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures.
(May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require)
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.