Data Center Tech, CO
Location: Englewood,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: MH5005
The Data Center Technician provides an overall focus on positive pro-active end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and our internal ticketing systems. Monitors all business-critical systems and escalate issues accordingly. Maintaining accurate logs of incoming and outgoing customer equipment and ensuring facility cleanliness. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Resolve tickets as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Perform computer/server hardware and software support.
- Work through colocation and ISP customer issues and escalate to on-call or engineering support staff as necessary.
- Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location.
- Monitor, resolve, and escalate issues within critical facilities infrastructure.
- Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Responsibility and dependability are a must.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems both pc and server side.
- Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
- Cabling experience (Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet) is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
Working Conditions: This position requires flexible 12-hour work shifts. The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. (May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays on occasions) – Disclaimer – The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Zayo will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Zayo reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.