Data Analytics and Integrity Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Talent Development
Job Number: INT-0023
There is a large amount of data to both collect and analyze related to the creation and maintenance of People Analytics programs at Zayo. Intern must be able to process a large amount of data through the course of the summer, put supports in place to automate processes, and provide new and different ideas for programs that are just getting off of the ground.
- The Data Analytics and Integrity intern will assist the People Analytics Program Manager on the Talent Development team with the creation, analysis, and maintenance of a variety of people analytics based programs at Zayo. Zayo has an employee base of 3000 employees
- The Data Analytics and Integrity intern will support collecting and analyzing data surrounding these employees including but not limited to performance data, engagement data and demographic data.
- The Data Analytics and Integrity intern will be expected to come day one with a strong knowledge of manipulating large data sets in Excel through use of formulas and macros; knowledge of VBA and other coding languages is helpful but not required.
- The Data Analytics and Integrity intern will also be expected to learn other software platforms to support the people analytics programs such as Salesforce, Workday, and Qualtrics. Knowledge of other open source analytics platforms is helpful but not required.
- The Data Analytics and Integrity intern should expect to work with a great deal of autonomy. The ideal candidate should expect to contribute substantially in strong and continuing analysis, in providing ideas to further and better current people analytics programs, and providing support for the creation of new ones.
- Working towards a degree in disciplines that have a strong focus on critical thinking, data analytics, and data processing
- Experience with the Microsoft Excel, particularly processing large amounts of data, using formulas, macros and VBA
- Solid analytical aptitude and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of statistical analysis with the ability to distill implications from the results
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment where skill sets will develop quickly
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday or Qualtrics a plus
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.