Customer Care Representative II – ILEC
Location: Prior Lake,MN     Department: Customer Service
Job Number: VB-13038
Customer Care Representative II – ILEC
Prior Lake, MN
Reports To: Customer Care Manager
Provide customer support to residential and business customers on the phone in an effort to resolve billing related issues, assess the customers needs and offer additional services and facilitate move, add, and change orders. Partner with other Customer Care Representatives (CCR), corporate billing, collections, service and repair and technical support departments in resolving customer service issues. Provide users with basic technical support and online system training. Hours for this position are 9:00am-6:00pm
- Answer telephone and respond to customer inquiries and requests as needed. Research billing questions, explain bills and take needed action to resolve billing complaints. Noting all customer contact in the Integra Telecom customer care systems.
- Facilitate move, add, and change orders for customer effectively and in a timely manner to ensure satisfactory customer service.
- Create adjustment memorandums to apply credits and debits to customer accounts. Enter equipment and other recurring telephony costs into the Company’s customer database systems, review and correct data as needed.
- Respond to customer service concerns. Create the repair or service documentation for referral onto the repair and OSP for resolution of service/repair issues. Track information in company systems. Enter billable work into appropriate systems.
- Provide customer basic technical support and online system training in an effort to ensure services are being utilized effectively.
- Identify additional services that would enhance revenues. Offer these services to customer in efforts of obtaining an individual monthly revenue goal.
- Required to deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned.
- Participate in department-related projects.
Scope of Position:
Works under general supervision. No supervisory responsibility. This position has a direct impact on customer satisfaction and sales. Failure to effectively perform the essential functions of the job can result in customer dissatisfaction and could result in long-term negative interactions or significant short or long-term impact on revenues. This is a somewhat complex position requiring knowledge of company products, systems, practices, and billing procedures. This position requires the ability to effectively communicate while researching billing or service issues and to respond in a patient and meaningful way to customer questions and complaints.
Demonstrated customer service experience in a technical environment (2 year) demonstrating the ability to resolve somewhat complex customer issues and to effectively interface with a customer while researching an issue (i.e. resolving a billing question or providing service information). Requires a demonstrated understanding of billing, scheduling and database systems, as well as the ability to calculate customer credits, charges, percentages and usage summaries. Experience with home video of products and services is preferred. Advanced computer skills including word processing and database systems. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act) Requires constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on uneven surfaces, grasping and crouching. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 10-20 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
Experience working in the telecommunications industry. 10-key proficiency and typing skills. Experience providing phone support and responding to questions regarding billings and service.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.