Construction Manager – Dark Fiber Solutions
Location: Sandy Springs or Atlanta,GA     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3412
Zayo is a fast growing facilities-based telecommunications service provider with headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. Zayo is seeking a Construction Manager to join its Dark Fiber Services department.
- Coordinating and implementing network and customer orders
- Meeting with contractors and internal Zayo personnel to establish timelines and
- Developing and maintaining construction budget information.
- Identify Buildings/Site Locations for equipment installation throughout the area to support Customer Telecommunications Services at such sites with assistance of vendors and local personnel, which may require site walks and designs for Landlord/Customer approvals of such equipment installation. Typical sites can vary from the following:
- Zayo POP facilities
- Commercial, Industrial or Residential Buildings
- Colocation providers
- Private Property Owners
- Managing Inside plant construction including validating on-going expenses and supervising all construction activities.
- Managing an RFP process for all contractor work
- Managing material purchasing for projects.
- Consistently researching ways to reduce Zayo expenses.
- Developing and maintaining written procedures as required.
- Preparing weekly reports detailing activity
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- At least 7 years experience in the Construction/or telecommunications industry
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of inside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects
- Must be able to manage aggressive construction schedules
- Proficiency with Excel is of utmost importance, also required are Word, Power Point, Visio, Google Earth, and Salesforce
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents
- Familiar with DC Power Systems, Grounding Systems, Electronic Equipment Installation
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus
- Some Travel (~40%) required. Applicant will be responsible for serving a broad geographical area
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all personnel
- High energy individual with strong work ethic
- Experience with Excel (very comfortable working with vlookups, pivot tables, and formulas), utilizing Visio and Google Earth or other GIS tools.
- Knowledge of local permitting authorities/practices/procedures
- Ability to prepare accurate Scopes of Work details
- Strong knowledge and accuracy of inside plant estimating
- Knowledge of some Outside Plant Construction
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Complete benefits package available
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.