Location: ,     Department:
Job Number: VB-13028
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Colocation Engineer will be responsible for engineering functions in support of customer acquisition and installation – cabinets, cages, power, backbone communication cables & panels, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support sales and product teams with technical solutions and RFP responses
- Preliminary design, presentation and evaluation of customer solutions
- Manage and respond to pre-sales (ICB) requests, including preliminary drawings and baseline
- estimates using established forms
- Work in tandem with Proj Mgrs to determine high level project budgets for the product team
- Work with Infrastructure / Capacity teams to determine sellable space and power at colocation sites
- Manufacturer selection to determine equipment that meets customer specifications and zColo standards
- Create customer colocation layout drawings including all supporting infrastructure using autocad
- Create full scope of work packages for signed orders to be implemented by project management team
- Maintain current ‘as built’ drawings of all sites in assigned region
- Update redlined drawings and information received from Project Managers & Operations to keep records of completed work current
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to effectively respond, verbally o written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints
- Detail oriented
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients
- Expert application software skills including MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Flexible and adapts well to a constantly changing environment
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive deadlines
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus
- Travel is a requirement – Must have current US driver’s license and passport.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with customers and internal support teams to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field preferred
- Colocation / Datacenter design experience
- Working knowledge of Datacenter infrastructure – Power, Cooling, Security, Communications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.