Cash Application Specialist
Location: Boulder,Colorado     Department: Accounting
Job Number: LB-14308
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Cash Application Specialist will be responsible for handling bank statements, customer payments preparing journals and working across multiple entities and currencies. They will work closely with the Accounts Receivable team to ensure customer account balances are accurate, reconciling any discrepancies.
- Respond to inquiries through telephone or email queue regarding remittance advice
- Download multiple bank statements
- Enter customer payments, credits and adjustments into Great Plains
- Apply payments to customer invoices
- Prepare journals to enter transactions resulting from payments; checks, ACH, wires, credit card, etc.
- Manage the cash application function with the goal of applying and posting all cash each month
- Work across multiple entities and currencies within Great Plains
- Work with the A/R team regarding customer account balances
- Research billing account information
- Reconcile customer accounts, move payments, credits and adjustments across accounts as required
- Research all items in Unapplied Cash account and keep the balance as small as possible
- Ability to perform detailed error free repetitive work is required
- Involve and work with other departments as necessary to resolve any customer issues
- Minimum 2-3 years of direct experience with high volume/high dollar cash applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Salesforce a plus
- Accounting experience preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.