Location: Boulder or Denver,Colorado     Department: Business Ops
Job Number: CH-3398
The Buyer position is primarily responsible for supporting Procurement activities by procuring goods and services for the organization. This includes processing purchase orders, sourcing equipment, managing RFI/RFP processes including evaluating bids and making recommendations, scope of work drafting, data compilation and analysis, verifying approvals, and resolving issues. Position is heavy on data-entry so proficient typing skills are a must. Candidates should be highly detail oriented and must possess strong computer and software skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process purchase orders
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Work out policies with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Assist with invoicing issues between operations and accounting departments.
- Draft scopes of work for construction contractors and assist in post-signature contract management
- Manage RFI/RFP processes including the identification of qualified bidders, management of entire bid process, and generation of evaluation for analysis and selection criteria
- Support monthly/quarterly/annual reporting requirements
- Review of internal processes for potential improvements
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the Zayo business
- Procurement: Prefer a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Procurement department with experience in RFI/RFP management and/or contracts management, but will train the right candidate. Telecommunications experience is a plus.
- Education: Undergraduate business degree (especially Finance and/or Accounting) and/or equivalent work.
- Effective Communication: Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Application Proficiency: Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a significant plus. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP is also a plus. Must have proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfort with MS Access a plus.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and efficient typing skills. 60+WPM
- Strong fundamental Excel skills are required (simple formulas, sorting, filtering, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as work independently
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.