Benefits and Leave Administrator
Location: Vancouver,WA     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: VB-13074
Position Title: Benefits and Leave Administrator
Location: Vancouver, WA
Reports To: Director, HR Shared Services
Department: Human Resources
Benefits and Leave Administrator will be responsible for the coordination and assistance with the US-based Human Resources medical and financial benefits programs. This includes employee benefit programs in accordance with carrier contracts of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, leave of absence and short term/long term disability plans, workers compensation, COBRA administration and maintenance of employee benefit files. Provides back-up assistance with payroll processing and data entry into the human resources information system (HRIS) on an as needed basis.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Provides assistance and directs the day-to-day administration of the group retirement and health and welfare plans including: participation in selection of benefit providers, communication of benefit plans and plan changes, coordination of open enrollment, collecting benefit plan enrollment and termination forms. Processing of benefit options into the HRIS and submit elections to benefits carriers for processing.
- Manage and coordinate leave of absence programs FMLA/ADA. Subject matter expert, communicate directly with employees and managers, consult with vendor and legal when necessary to make final determination on requests.
- Vendor management and liaison with vender performing FMLA/ADA functions such as employee letter notifications, tracking and FMLA/ADA request analysis.
- Vendor management of COBRA administration provider. Ensuring proper and timely mailings, processing of enrollments, tracking and recording payments and enforcing COBRA laws and regulations.
- Assist with coordination of Short and Long Term Disability plans in compliance with all statutory regulations and company policies. This includes handling inquiries and resolving issues, ensuring benefit coordination and timely notifications to employee and managers, and reviewing reports from vendors to validate appropriate level of service.
- Provide strategic and daily management of all company wellness programs and initiatives
- Workers compensation – complete required forms to insurance provider for claims.
- Assist with managing the company retirement plans and vendors.
- Audit the enrollment database and carrier reports to ensure accuracy in employee deductions and coverage levels. Review health and welfare benefit payments from the distribution fund.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources management to assess benefit cost for benefits consultants, claims administrators, investment managers and trustee.
- Assist with insurance claims and National Medical Support Notices.
- Assemble and update all employee benefit files. Perform file audits on an as needed basis.
- Perform and assist with HRIS activities, including system upgrades, data entry and report generation.
- When needed, assist with preparation and distribution of new employee orientation packets for all company locations; and new hire benefits orientation.
- Form a positive client/service-provider relationship with internal clients so that HR is viewed as a partner in the achievement of business objectives.
- Advise clients on the interpretation of human resources programs.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Works under general supervision in a team environment. No supervisory responsibility. Handles confidential information with discretion. Position performs multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities. Frequent internal contact with all levels of employees through senior management. Significant degree of external contact with vendors and applicants.
- 4+ years experience performing human resources administrative functions.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with employees in various locations and departments.
- Vendor management experience.
- Knowledge of the IRS section 132 and section 125 healthcare plans.
- Knowledge of HR Systems
- Effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including spreadsheets, presentation and word processing programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, file management, imports, uploads, and interfaces.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant speaking and hearing; frequent sitting and keyboarding, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing, crouching, standing and walking. Requires infrequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 1-10 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual and color acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
- Minimum of 2 years of benefit administration program experience required with multiple vendors experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- Prior experience working within a human resource arena, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience using payroll and HR systems such as Ultipro and Workday
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) national certification.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.