Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LB-14318
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is located at our headquarters in Boulder, CO and the expectation is for the person to be present in the office each day. This role coordinates communications between Sales Executives, Sales Directors, and Sales Account Managers, the CEO’s Chief of Staff, the CEO, and other executives pertaining to executive-level engagement between Zayo, its customers, and potential customers. Responsible for administrative assistant functions to include heavy data entry, logistics, preparing materials, calendaring, expense reports, and email correspondence. Provides a high level of service for all internal and external clients.
- Coordinates meetings and assists Sales Executives and Sales Directors to determine appropriate customer or prospective customer meetings for the CEO to target while in-market.
- Helps to identify new and interesting companies which the local sales teams could engage with or that may be of high interest to the CEO. This includes reading news and internet searches to understand a given company’s business model, potential IT Spend, growth trajectory, and need for bandwidth.
- Maintains CEO’s contacts in Salesforce as well as an in-house customer contact management system and in Google.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits meeting and marketing material including document briefs, PowerPoint presentations, and printed/bound marketing collateral.
- Maintains busy business and personal calendars: schedule meetings, appointments, conferences and activities and tracks using Google Calendar.
- Prepares materials and ensure appropriate follow-up for all meetings.
- Assists with Receptionist/Office Manager duties on a regular basis for breaks, lunches, and PTO (answering phones, greeting customers, managing conference calendars, general office duties, maintaining of conference rooms).
- Reconciles and prepares expense reports.
- Handles all travel logistics.
- Routes incoming mail, faxes and deliveries; handles outgoing mail. Ships domestically/internationally based on business need.
- Coordinates event planning when requested.
- Manages personal items occasional such as gift purchases, occasional shopping/errands, and event coordination.
- Assists and responds to CEO in Chief of Staff’s absence.
- Other responsibilities as necessary including special projects as required.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to write a variety of materials to different audiences.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills with high level of professional intelligence.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expert technical skills on both Mac and PC, proficient at Microsoft Office Suite.
- Salesforce software experience ideal or quick study capability.
- Creativity with PowerPoint presentations, advanced level of knowledge with Google Docs and Excel.
- Self-assured, reliant, and confident, endures pressure and change with grace.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Requires individual to be present and in the office on a daily basis to complete tasks.
- Constant talking, hearing, and prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional night and weekend hours.
- Occasional driving required.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Requires minimal travel between various Colorado offices.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.