Administrative Assistant (Corporate Team)
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LB-14317
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is located at our headquarters in Boulder, CO and the expectation is for the person to be present in the office each day. This role provides administrative support to primarily the Finance and Legal departments with occasional assistance to other corporate groups. Responsibilities include filling in for the Receptionist/Office Manager during lunch, breaks, and PTO time when needed, administrative assistant functions to include heavy data entry, logistics, preparing materials, calendaring and meeting scheduling, expense reports, and email correspondence. Provides a high level of service for all internal and external clients.
- Works with Executive contacts within and outside the organization.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits meeting and marketing material including document briefs, PowerPoint presentations, and printed/bound marketing collateral.
- Makes copies, prints correspondence, organizes and uploads documents to portal, and bounds board and IR books.
- Maintains and manages personal calendars including the CFO: schedules meetings, appointments, conferences and activities and tracks using Google Calendar.
- Attends management meetings and prepares/organizes necessary materials ensuring appropriate follow-up for all meetings.
- Assists with Receptionist/Office Manager duties on a regular basis for breaks, lunches, and PTO (answering phones, greeting customers, managing conference calendars, general office duties, maintaining of conference rooms).
- Handles all travel logistics and reconciles and prepares expense reports.
- Routes incoming mail, faxes and deliveries; handles outgoing mail. Ships domestically/internationally based on business need and prepares materials for overnight shipping.
- Sets up weekly, monthly, and quarterly staff, board or earnings meetings including booking conference rooms and assisting with organizing any materials needed.
- Creates and maintains detailed organization charts.
- Coordinates catering, food and beverage needs for meetings, and assists with event planning when requested.
- Manages personal items occasional such as gift purchases, occasional shopping/errands, and event coordination.
- Other responsibilities as necessary including special projects as required.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to write a variety of materials to different audiences.
- Ability to establish and juggle multiple competing priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills with high level of professional intelligence to internal and external clients.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expert technical skills on both Mac and PC, proficient at Microsoft Office Suite.
- Salesforce software experience ideal or quick study capability.
- Creativity with PowerPoint presentations, advanced level of knowledge with Google Docs and Excel.
- Self-assured, reliant, and confident, endures pressure and change with grace.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Requires individual to be present and in the office on a daily basis to complete tasks.
- Constant talking, hearing, and prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional night and weekend hours.
- Occasional driving required.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.