Location: ,     Department: Sales
Job Number: VB-13047
Reports To: Account Director
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is responsible for account management of current base of accounts. As part of the sales team, this individual will be responsible for sales appointments with customers, preparation and delivery of sales presentations, prospecting, maximizing new business and minimizing churn including accurate forecasts, administrative duties in SF.com, acting as a subject matter expert in all product/service offerings, and driving the sales cycle to closure. Key areas of focus will include: sales appointments, preparation of Requests for Proposals, driving strategic relationship and ensuring transactional business as well, accurate customer data in SF.com, and overall account health.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo Networks products and services to targeted account base.
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process.
- Responsible for regular customer meetings and calls including travel
- Attending industry conferences and associated preparation
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum four years of telecommunications industry experience preferred.
- Strong presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.